Friday, January 7, 2011

Oops, I forgot!

I have this awful tendency to forget the irrelevant things despite the fact that I have a slight case of OCD.  I like to blame it on the supposed brain fog my autoimmune disease causes even though I have had this for years.  Luckily, in these extremely modern day times, I can put avisos wherever!  At work, I put them on my iCal and the event pops up according to how I set it (yes, I have a juicy iMac at work - I am spoiled).  At home, I write appointments and reminders on my recycled calendar (I have yet to buy one for 2011 and the one my best friend gave me with photos of her kids is adorable)...and to add to the mix, I put an aviso on my phone and the aviso is extremely loud, you can hear it throughout the whole office and the entire wagon of a train, just in case I forget or I am in a loud area and can't hear it.

So this morning, I put on my work coat, yes, just like party shoes, I have work clothes, play clothes, gym clothes, etc and as I reach in my pocket to see if there were gloves in there, I felt a key.

"No freaking way!" I think to myself as I look at the big 38 on the keychain.

After the half day of work this past Wednesday, I ran to the grocery store to get food as all stores where closed yesterday on the Reyes Magos.  In Spain, it is obligatory to lock up your stuff in a locker at grocery stores which usually cost 50 cents or a Euro.  To add to the chaos, I had ordered ribs to go and told them to be ready at 15:00.  I was in such a hurry that I forgot to reclaim my belongings.

This morning, I thoughtfully left Izzy a note to go and see if my stuff was still in locker 38 at Mercadona, he has the day off.

"¡No te jodas! ¿Cuándo dejaste las cosas allí?"

"El miércoles." I told him I left my stuff there on Wednesday.

"¿Crees, de verdad, que tus pertenencias van a seguir allí?"

Izzy, despite all of his ranting, went to Mercadona on his way to get his haircut.  Yes, I honestly thought my stuff would still be there and sure enough, it was!!  That would be because I picked Lucky Locker nº 38.  Izzy was a bit disappointed at the contents but whatever, ones' belongings are ones' belongings and so what if the bag I locked up only had a free deodorant from a trial a co-worker is involved in and a glass tupperware.  I got my things back and I am happy.

2 comments:

  1. That is so something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I haven't seen your blog before! What fun - I'll definitely be back. We have lots in common, both being "a broad"!
    Glad you got your stuff back from no 38!
    Sunshine xx

    ReplyDelete