Friday, October 16, 2009

Lovely Fall Day thanks to Ladurée Macaroons


My day started off rather horrendous - a feisty Spaniard pushed me on the metro and when I looked at her and said, "¡Perdón!" as if it was me who had pushed her, she barks back at me, "¡Quítate del medio!" - mind you I was leaning on the wall of the train and definitely not in the way of anybody.


I arrive to work and one of my bosses who had been in Paris on business yesterday yells for me to come to his office. I was thinking, "Oh goodness, a bit early for everything without another coffee." He tells me with a bright smile that he brought a mint green box of the most delightful, French delicacy; MACAROONS! This is the second time he has brought these precious little treats (I asked him once and I guess it is like the saying, "Ask and you shall receive!"). I have also received these treats from the investor in France three times. I think that they are secretly having a contest to see who can bring Sarah more of these gluten-free lovely treats! (note: we will pretend that they are on my special diet which consist of no gluten, no sugar, etc. etc.).


It's funny because sometimes I think that my husband reads my mind. The day after I had asked my boss to bring me back the macaroons in the lovely mint green box with the silk ribbon, my husband happen to buy some at the gourmet section of the Corte Inglés. It was tasty, especially on a Saturday afternoon where I could eat it with my feet up!


The macaroons have definitely been the highlight of my day. As I just swallowed a piece of gum accidentally (gag, gag, gag!), had to deal with ridiculous phone calls, emails, do two office "pedidos" (really hate ordering paper, pens, toner, etc as I think it is a waste of money - buy me more Manolos!!) and prior to being pushed on the metro, CNN+ only covered a story about some boy who wasn't in this silver balloon but rather her was hiding in the garage - makes me believe that the world has stopped.


If you ever go to Paris or happen upon a macaroon wherever you are, you have go to try one! They are a heavenly delight and make any day that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment